30 September 2008

Giovanni Hoffer (Italy)

Giovanni Hoffer was born in Lecco (Italy)in 1972.In 1991 he took his French horn diploma at Milan’s Conservatoire “G.Verdi” under the guidance of Master Michele Berrino.He began his career playing with the main italian orchestras, including the Scala Philharmonica, the “G.Verdi” Symphonic Milan, the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino Orchestra, the R.A.I. Orchestra in Milan, the Italian Swiss Confederation Orchestra. He also played in many international tours (Japan, Australia, South America), working with world famous directors like Riccardo Muti, Lorin Maazel, George Pretre, Eliahu Inbal and many more.At the beginning of 2006, after the encounter with Lele Veronesi, he started the Hofferquattro project. Here, with the faith and dedication of Lele Veronesi (drums), Maurizio de Gasperi (piano rhodes) and Andrea Taravelli (electric bass) experimented the French horn’s potentials, tackling some standard jazz and mainly some compositions by Giovanni Hoffer himself."The French horn is still chained to classical music and looked upon with suspicion in the jazz scene.I have no idea where this journey will lead me, I like sailing towards the horizon.I don’t define my music, I let it go by itself, when it wants and in the way that suits it best."

No comments: